Thursday, November 12, 2015

Y'all know I put out the 'fall' stuff in September and


 it stays until the end of November ... 
I usually just add a bit of Halloween that is easily taken away... 
Then I can continue to enjoy the pumpkins and leaves for a while longer...
I picked up this burlap pumpkin early in the season [it still felt like summer here -] at Old Time Pottery [less than $6]... I've debated about putting a big H on it, but I've just enjoyed it like it is ---
This is a frame I use a lot in different places throughout the house... 
Here it's in the foyer with a little plaque I picked up at The Dollar Tree when we were traveling in August...
Here's a close-up of our mantle -- the silver tray belonged to my mom... also the the horse hair [Navajo[ vase that we picked up in Arizona [more than a] few years ago... The lantern came filled with Christmas ornaments... and the leaves and tiny pine cones from The Avenue of the Giants in Northern California... the milk glass is from thrift stores across the country... and an old window that always reminds me of my Mama M's house. 
Wa-Laaa --- use the things you love! 
We have a wardrobe that is exactly like the one my Mama M had and I love having it in our living room... on top of it is a diorama that the oldest made for me last year... and on the mantle next to that is a big H, a metal star on milk glass...a couple of pumpkins 
and a small flower arrangement in burlap...
I'm still loving this little suitcase on legs... the pumpkin is on a milk glass pedestal with a smaller one setting inside a silver-plate coaster...
[Yay for sun! It's been two weeks since I've seen it!]
And lastly - our little dresser that sets just inside our entryway... 
It has a garland / banner of trees I made a few years back  and another of my mama's silver trays... The copper kettle is from her house... I added an assortment of pumpkins, a candle, and a basket of small scrapbooks... also one of my favorite photos of us...
I look forward to Thanksgiving every year - it really is my favorite holiday!  
I love being with family with no expectation other than to just BE together!
I'm already planning our meal  - it's going to great being together!
I hope you have a good one too!

1 comment:

Old Time Pottery said...

Great fall decor! Thanks for being a customer!