Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A few weeks ago I FINALLY had the opportunity

 to meet Christy and attend one of her cooking classes… 
She’s the food master behind Southern Plate – I have all of her cookbooks and LOVE her down-home [and frugal approach*] to cooking good meals for our families. 
 
We’ve been sharing on Instagram for a while now… and have crossed paths more than once at different events [or stores] here in town – So it was a treat to finally meet her!
And y’all – she’s just as sweet IN REAL LIFE as she is on the screen – lol. 
TRUTH.
 She cooked us up A MEAL: popcorn crunch that is addicting – roasted vegetables – cranberry crumble – sweet potato brulee’ -
Oh. My. I’d been wanting to try crockpot turkey breast for a while – and, 
It. Was. Delicious. 
Guess what I’ll be serving at my own Thanksgiving table? 
I’ll pair it with a family favorite of our own – from our little family cookbook, printed in 1987...
Aunt Betty’s Sausage Dressing.
  Here’s the recipe straight from the family cookbook** and I’ll tell you a secret – 
shhh – I’m not really a lover of dressing – 
But I truly do love this! 
  I’ve seen a Tyler Florence recipe that is very similar…. 
And I’ve been trying to figure out how he got a copy of our family cookbook - HA
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I’m sooooo looking forward to being with my sweet family.
*I bought my ten pounds of butter on sale as soon as I left the class – ha.
**Family - I know I said this last year – but I’m setting a GOAL to get this scanned and on-line for our Cousins Facebook Group soon!

No comments: