Friday, July 31, 2015

I enjoy looking at the occasional blog post re: Fashion Friday

– google it – they're out there!

And while I am certainly no fashionista –
I’ve wondered what I might bring to this fashion table… ha.

So here’s the deal: I’m cheap – I really HATE to spend a lot of money on clothes… 
Maybe it’s because of our tight budget during our early years… 
Maybe it’s because my sweetheart worked retail back in the day 
and KNOWS the mark-ups… 
Maybe it’s because I’d just rather spend my money on other fun things….

And I’ll admit – I LOVE thrift shopping and my sister and I laugh that we can almost always pick out a name brand item without even touching it – [she’s better at it than me – and probably does [MUCH!] less thrift shopping – but she’s the on-line-sale guru!!]

So I thought I’d share the occasional post of a favorite Frugal Fashion Friday item that I’m loving at the moment. But keep in mind that these could change monthly and be on the way to The Goodwill since they cost so little… 
 Now, to discuss this little outfit -  I’m thinking the shoes are a bit much – 
What do y’all think? 
I’m not usually a matchy-matchy person, but found these shoes at a DEEP discount store [Dirt Cheap] for ONE DOLLAR – brand new, originally from Target, I think. 
And they’re comfortable. 
The dress and short sleeved sweater are from Wal-Mart < -- last year… 
I’m thinking that together they were less than $20. 
And I love the quick summery look it gives – all cotton, so it’s also very comfy.
So that's that. 
Back to our regular schedule now - lol.

 

No comments: