Monday, March 2, 2015

A re-post --->



from 2012...
because we've been down to The Gulf - and while we had a good time, 
I just wasn't 'feeling it' since I just 
REALLY WANTED TO BE HOME IN THE SNOW.
I might share more later... but for now, from 2012.....
I soooo love sunrise on the beach

- just ask our boys who endured 
[and hopefully have fond memories in looking back at] 
the many times we dragged them out of bed early to get out and have breakfast just as the sun peeped over The Gulf - oftentimes at the state park pavilion, and occasionally on the steps of those little bungalows The Lighthouse had sitting out on the beach 
[oh how I loved staying in those!] 
Sunrise on the beach is just a special time to [truly] feel God's goodness.
I really like this quote, from my 'Quote of the Day' a few days back:
"
Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions. 
ALL life is an experiment. 
The more mistakes you make, the better. 
What if they're a little off course, and you may get your coat soiled or stained? 
What if you do fail and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice? 
Up again, you will never be so afraid of a tumble." 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
It's really the truth, isn't it? 
That it's through our little [or big] mistakes [or poor decisions, or bad choices] that we learn and become more resilient - And more confident in our choices. 
More confident in ourselves. 
This last year I've met so many people who are 
unsure of their choices; who are learning to trust their 'inner voice.'
Who are reaching out to God for forgiveness and guidance.
 As I've pondered this quote this week I've thought a lot about how some people believe they must be perfect to the point of it paralyzing them from truly living life - some people are too afraid to take a chance [on ANYTHING] for fear of making a mistake or taking a roll in the dirt... when in reality, all of life is a risk.
As we take those risks, small and large, we grow in confidence and trust. 
And the truth is - 
We're not perfect. 
Risk is a part of life.
We're going to make mistakes.
 As I was at the beach this week and
reminded again so vividly about the constancy of God, 
this song came to mind...
Great is thy faithfulness,
Great is thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning, new mercies I see...
All I have needed, they hand has provided...
Great is they faithfulness,
Lord unto me...
I am so blessed to have a Savior who knows my imperfections, knows that some of the risks of life and my choices around those, are going to result in a tumble now and then, and yet, He gives me a fresh start at the beginning of each new day.
Great is His faithfulness!!!

No comments: