Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Today, I just want to do a quick share

of my easy - peasy Valentine's decor~.
Most all of Christmas is sorted and packed away --
So I pulled out my big bag of Valentine / Mardi Gras STUFF...
Mardi Gras is VERY close to Valentines this year!
But, honestly my Mardi Gras decor consists of a  wreath for the door...
Oh! And a homemade King Cake 
{YES. I have the baby to put in it -} 
or a bought King Cake, if I'm lucky enough to grab one 
from our local Cajun place before they sell out...
Straight from New Orleans, baby...
and DELISH.
 But!
Back to my Valentine mantle - 
which is pretty simple also -- 
From Christmas, I kept the window frame, silver tray, 
black lantern, garland [it's lit], and gold / silver candles...
I added in a bouquet of red roses in a milk glass vase, a felt heart garland from The Dollar Tree, my two red glass candle holders with red pillar candles. the photo of my sweetie and me, a little white bird or two... 
and the mirror LOVE that I got at HL a few years back 
- 80% off.
It's simple... 
and I love it .
I moved the chalk board to the entry and added one of my favorite bird prints and a cross-stitch [counted] that I did WAY BACK when we were dating... and I used the chip board 
and felt garland that I made last year...
 The dresser in the dining room has a rose wreath hanging from the mirror and a piece of 'cut-out' Valentine art from HL... [Don't have a photo bc the lighting is SO BAD with no sunshine these days... I'll post one when I can!]
So, again, very simple, and easy -- and I'm sure you can pull together a little festive decor as well... if nothing else, make a garland with a few hearts [or pick one up at The Dollar Tree! like me - lol.]

No comments: