Friday, October 3, 2014

Some of you know that there's a

precious, tiny, newborn in our family.
Meet Hank -
and his parents, Jacob and Jaime Hatcher.
[Their photo - 
We've not had the opportunity to get up North to see him for ourselves -] 
NOTE: HANK IS HAVING HEART SURGERY THIS MORNING!!
PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM, HIS PARENTS, GRAND PARENTS, ETC.
THE DOCTORS AND ALL WHO WILL CARE FOR HIM!!
Hank was born at 27 weeks, weighing  a whopping 2 pounds, 12 ounces.
He's got a struggle ahead of him - so prayers are much appreciated!
Here's the deal, I CAN sew, I know HOW to sew, 
but I don't LOVE sewing - 
But we know how much this little family LOVES Alabama football - 
so we wanted to do something special for them, 
to bring a little 'happy' into their day-to-day struggle with a baby this tiny -
I found this tiny jersey and cap and decided I could alter it  a bit so that it could go on around all the medical stuff he needs right now. [It was originally a pull-over...]
I bought some soft fabric and made plackets [?] on each side of my cut up the middle, then I sewed down some velcro for a closure. 
[I'm not a professional and it's not perfect, but it IS CUTE.]
Then, I thought - he needs a diaper cover like the ones my mom made for our boys. I found the pattern on the internets and stitched one up out of the same fabric. 
The cap was left just like it was purchased [about three inches across, laying flat above]
I think they liked it - 
[Their photo of his and daddy's 'matching caps'.]
But, oh my goodness - he's still gotta grow into it!
 
[Again - their photo - ]
Praying for sweet improvements everyday!!
Won't you join me?

No comments: