Wednesday, October 8, 2014

It's been a year

and I still feel this way sometimes ---
I did this art journal page soon after my mama passed on - 
I love how the overlapping words show how this thought 
was constantly swirling through my head 
-- to the point of not being able to think clearly about other things --
It perfectly represents that time in my life...

... all scrambled up in my brain...

And there are moments, or days... 
when I still can't believe she's never coming back to me... 

Process: I opened the page in my [old spiral recipe] book and took a marker and just wrote this phrase over and over and over [and over] again - overlapping and on top of each other and all jumbled up just like it was in my head.... 
and I left it like that for months...
Then I created a text box on the computer that clearly stated 
what had been
swirling around in my head... 
stuck it down. 
This is art journaling to me --

1 comment:

Linda Matthews said...

I enjoyed this post.

I still miss my mom. She has been gone since Aug 18, 2001.

Maybe I can do this "page" when I need to talk to her/really miss my mom day.

Thank you for sharing this. I needed that.