Monday, June 30, 2014

I had a bit of travel

this month for 
World Elder Abuse Day
... I had the opportunity to speak at several events and share how our State accepts reports, investigates, and assists those with disabilities and frailties who are no longer able to care for themselves or able to protect themselves from abuse, neglect, or exploitation. 
Last week I was in a different county every day - wheee
{I really love what I do - seriously -}
And this past week I was in two different counties --
SO ---I knew I was going to be over near a State Park we've not camped out in before on Friday and talked Craig into bringing the camper over so we could check it out --
The tiny dog came along ---
I'm loving her bright pink vest that helps us see her when she's out and about - 
I honestly thought Buck's Pocket State Park
was just 'around the corner' from Guntersville...
I had NO IDEA it was in the middle of no-where-land. Ha.
But. It. Is.
 And it WAS beautiful ---  
and isolated... with dry streams surrounding it 
with some of the biggest rocks EVER...
and tiny - tiny frogs
[y'all know I love those! - really!]
But there was something about the 'don't cross the road when covered in water' signs and zero cell service - no TV reception - no radio reception, etc. 
that was just a little toooooooo remote for us.
Add in a couple of live-in campers [in dilapidated campers,] a bath house that had only half the facilities working, and a playground that was mostly in dis-repair
... and well... we decided one night was enough for us.
LOL.
Been there.
Done that.
We enjoyed the day doing a little thrift shopping on the way home, and of course found lots of things we didn't know we needed...
I love spending time with no agenda with my sweetie!

No comments: